Instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization (IASTM) involves the use of a specifically designed stainless steel tool. Dr. Carly is certified in level 1 Graston technique, but uses a different set of tools to accomplish the same benefit. The tools are contoured to glide smoothly over different body structures, which enables clinicians to effectively feel areas of scar tissue and fascial restrictions. By rubbing the tool over the injured area, it creates local inflammation that brings new blood to the area, helping the tissue to heal. It is extremely useful on areas of chronic inflammation and tendonitis.
- Decreases overall time of treatment
- Enables faster rehabilitation/recovery
- Reduces need to anti-inflammatory medication
- Resolves chronic conditions thought to be permanent
- Continue to remain active