Denver's Premier Sports Chiropractor
Dr. Carly May Zuehlke
Dr. Carly Zuehlke (recently married and with a name change) is the current President of the American Chiropractic Association Sports Council. She received both her Doctor of Chiropractic and Sports Science & Sports Rehabilitation Masters' degrees from Logan College of Chiropractic University. Dr. Carly is a board certified chiropractor and recognized as a certified chiropractic sports practitioner, nationally and overseas. She received her Bachelor of Science degrees in Integrative Physiology from University of Colorado-Boulder and in Life Sciences from Logan College of Chiropractic University. She completed her clinical internship in the training room at the University of Colorado-Boulder Dal Ward Athletic Center and has treated Division I athletes at the University of Missouri.
She is the proud recipient of the 2017 Sports Chiropractor of the Year Award. This award is presented to a chiropractor involved with sports within Colorado demonstrating support of chiropractic, making notable impact in the field of sports, exemplifying high professional standards, and maintaining community involvement. She has also received the 2014 Rising Star Chiropractor of the Year Award. This award is presented by the Colorado Chiropractic Association to a chiropractor within 10 years of practice who has contributed the most time and talent to the Colorado Chiropractic Association and the chiropractic profession.
In February of 2015, she was selected for a 2 week Sports Medicine rotation at the US Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, CO. Dr. Carly worked with swimming, triathlon, weightlifting, pentathlon, shooting, figure skating, gymnastics, and wrestling Olympic athletes. To see photos of her experience, click here.
- Internationally Certified Chiropractic Sports Practitioner, Federation Internationale De Chiropractique Du Sport (FICS)
- Certified Chiropractic Sports Practitioner, American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians
- Active Release Technique (ART) full body provider and Ironman provider
- Graston Technique, M1 certified provider
- NeuroKinetic Therapy (NKT), level 2 certified provider
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS), National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
- Certified Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization (DNS) Exercise Trainer
- Trigger-Point Dry Needling, level 2 provider by Kinetacore
- Functional Movement Screen, certified provider
- USA Triathlon Level 1 Certified Coach
Medical Staff at:
- Nitro Circus Tour, Colorado Springs, Aug 2017
- Olympic Time Trials for Track and Field, University of Oregon, July 2016
- NCTA Collegiate Taekwando Championships, Boulder, Apr 2016
- The Ragnar Relay, Copper Mountain Aug 2015
- The Breckenridge Dew Tour, Dec 2014
- IPF World Powerlifting Championships, Denver, Nov 2014
- The Ragnar Relay, Copper Mountain, Aug 2014
- Ironman Boulder, Boulder, Aug 2014
- IAAF World Junior Track and Field Championships, University of Oregon, July 2014
- World Lacrosse Championships, Denver, July 2014
- USA Track and Field National Championship, Drake University, June 2013
- Boulder 5i50, July 2013
- NCAA Regional Golf Championships, Boulder, May 2011
Memberships and Affiliations:
- American Chiropractic Association Sports Council, President
- American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians, member
- American Chiropractic Association, member
- Colorado Chiropractic Association, former District 1 Director
Growing up in Miami, Florida, Dr. Carly competed on varsity cross country and track teams. She was so committed and motivated that she over-trained and suffered from stress fractures, IT band syndrome and shin splints. Rather than being discouraged, she turned to a sports chiropractor to understand the source of her injuries. It was that experience, which made her realize the effectiveness of sports chiropractic. That was the start of her lifelong ambition to help others.
Dr. Carly specializes in sports injury and corrective care utilizing manual adjustments, soft tissue treatments and rehabilitation. She believes that the combination of these techniques allows for fewer patient visits with longer lasting results. Her knowledge of the body does not end with spinal care, but extends to treatment of all joints, ranging from the ankle and knees to the shoulder and ribs. This blend of skills gives her a unique ability to diagnose the underlying cause of many conditions that may have eluded other physicians.
Dr. Carly has participated in the Chicago Marathon in 2008 and the Miami Marathon in 2016, plus seventeen half marathons. In addition to running, she also enjoys the olympic distance triathlon, climbing Colorado’s 14ers, traveling, nature photography, skiing, tennis, and spending time with her family. You can reach Dr. Carly Zuehlke at DrCarly@denversportschiro.com.